Ever wonder how you can reduce your personal carbon footprint? It doesn’t mean replacing your current stuff with the recycled version of it. But rather, it means choosing to use reusable versus disposable and ensuring that your daily activities are not wasteful.
Here are the top 5 Promotional Products that can help you live a more eco-friendly lifestyle:
- Water Bottles/Straw Tumblers Keep water cool on the go and stay hydrated. Stop buying bottled water and use a reusable bottle to minimize environmental impact during manufacturing and recycling. Reusable bottles are stylish and available in dozens of colors for you or your client on the go.
- Coffee Tumblers Coffee Tumblers – Made with double wall construction to keep hot beverages hot. Bring your own tumbler to the coffee shop and pass on the paper cups, sleeves and lids.
- Grocery Totes Whether you are popping in for a few items or a big shop, those plastic bags seem to multiply exponentially. Use grocery totes to minimize plastic use. Both regular and insulated Grocery Totes will come in handy transporting groceries. Doesn’t BIC have bags made from recycled water bottles? If so, “Remember, many great totes are made from recycled plastic bottles.”
- Lunch Coolers and Food Containers Minimize waste by using reusable Lunch Coolers and Food Containers instead of plastic and paper bags. Some are designed to keep leftovers or a sandwich fresh for lunch. And others are large with compartments to keep all the other necessities with it.
- You can also reduce that carbon footprint by asking for products made from recycled products. From bags to pens, you’ll find items made from recycled plastic bottles. In fact some socially conscious manufacturers are even use recycled paper for printing catalogs and marketing material. Your corporate clients are interested in supporting manufacturers who support an eco-friendly approach.
Eileen Lynch, BIC Graphic National Accounts Director. See BIC’s Sustainability Report and a list of products made from recycled material.